- 1 kg white bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 10 g instant dry yeast
- 60 g butter, softened or cut into cubes
- 600 ml warm water
- Mix the flour, salt, sugar and yeast together.
- Add the butter into the flour mixture, rubbing with your fingertips until mixture turns to crumbs.
- Add the water to the dry ingredients until it forms a soft dough.
- Knead for 5-10 minutes
- Place the dough in a large greased bowl, cover with cling wrap or a clean cloth.
- Place somewhere warm and let rise for 1-2 hours.
- Knead the dough again and shape into 12 balls.
- Place the balls of dough into a greased pan let them stand for 10 minutes
- Flatten a little and dust with flour.
- Cook on the braai for 10 minutes each side.
- Tap the rolls and if sounds hollow, they are ready
- Serve with salted butter – enjoy!